Setting up iMacs, G3s, and other Macs with Open Transport
To find out if you are using Open Transport, go into the control
panels and look for the TCP/IP control panel. If you have a MacTCP
you can refer to these older
set up instructions to configure your Mac.
1. Go to the control panels by clicking on the Apple Menu (upper left corner)
and choose Control Panels. Open TCP/IP.
2. In the "Connect Via:" dropbox, select "PPP". In the "Configure:" dropbox, selec
"using PPP Server".
3. In the lower left corner, under "Name Server add." field, type
220.127.116.11 then press return, and on the line below, type
4. Close the TCP/IP window, by clicking the close box in the upper left
corner of the window, and save changes.
5. Now click on the Apple Menu, go to Control Panels, and choose
PPP. On Macs with 8.5 it will be called Remote Access instead of PPP.
6. In the "Name:" field, type your username (lower case). In
the "Password:" field type in your password (exactally as we gave it to
7. In the "Number:" field type in the local access number for
8. Close the PPP or Remote Access and save the changes.
9. Now click on the Apple Menu, go to Control Panels, and this
time choose the "Modem" Control Panel. Choose your modem from the list
and then close that window, and save changes.
Restart your Mac, and when it restarts, launch Internet Explorer, and
type in "www.inebraska.com" and you'll be ready to use the Internet!